Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jeb Sharp Looks at War and Sexual Violence

Jeb Sharp, a radio journalist at The World, is now blogging about two topics: how wars end and sexual violence in conflict. Sharp writes she became interested in the latter topic "after meeting rape survivors from Darfur in the refugee camps in Chad last August."

Along with my fellow Nieman fellow Walter Ray Watson, Jeb has given me some great tips on audio reporting. (Walter is also teaching a journalism class at Harvard's extension school this summer.)

I'm eager to try my hand at all this while in Malawi on my nurses' project. Of course, if I mess up, it's most assuredly NOT Walter's and Jeb's fault. There's a lot to learn and, most of all, practice.



Related stories:
Amy O'Leary Teaches the NYTimes about Sound
Do-It-Yourself Journalism

No comments: