Wednesday, December 12, 2007

From Maternal Health to Web2ForDev

It's all about the links. The little snippet I wrote earlier this fall about whether Richard Cash ever considered patenting oral rehydration therapy got picked up by a class on maternal and child health at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. From there I learned about a conference on using Web2.0 ideas and technology for promoting development in the poorest countries of the world.

The meeting has already happened but at least there's video from some of the sessions. Why it's Explorer-only is beyond me. Wouldn't you expect a group promoting Web2.0 to be platform agnostic? at least choose Firefox?

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I spoke with Henry Jenkins of MIT this afternoon after a panel discussion on our Totally Wired Kids. He mentioned the Center for Collective Intelligence as another possible contact for my project on promoting greater coverage of global health issues.

No comments: